Friday, October 22, 2010

The LSU Game (2)

Some things I'm thinking about:

1) The people who think LSU will win this game seem to think that LSU will line up to stop the run and force Newton to throw and they think Auburn can't win with Cam Newton forced to throw the ball. My recollection is that Clemson did this and Newton was able to throw the ball effectively in the second half. Also, Newton IS leading the SEC in passing efficiency. And in addition, Newton's scrambling ability to make things happen can still be effective.

2) There's Les Miles's supposed luck. Maybe he is lucky, but I don't put much credence in this kind of thinking.

3)There is the factor of the weird and unexpected things that seem to happen in this series and the wild finishes. I do think there's something to this for I do always take history into account. If something weird happens, who knows what will happen.

4) I wish we had more going in the running game other than Newton. I wish our defense were more predictable. I wish we could play 4 quarter.

5) The game IS at Jordan-Hare. No one picking LSU seems to take this fact into consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment