Saturday, August 27, 2016

Second Pelham Game

My hopes for Pelham football turned to ashes last night.  For some reason I drove out to Morris, whatever that is, only to leave at the half with Pelham trailing 28 to 14.  Later I saw that the final score was 42 to 14.  The Panthers are not a well-coached team.  They make mistakes.  They seem snake-bit.  Add it all up and this team might not win a game.  Last year's bunch went 1 and 9.  So sad.

Being at this game out in the middle of nowhere freaked me out.  The Mortimer Jordan stadium and high school is truly hidden away.  Finding it was tortuous.  I did not desire to have to drive out of there after the game to find my way back to civilization.  People do actually live out in the sticks like this.  It takes a trip like this to realize this truth.  I never did see if there is actually a town of Morris.  No matter.  I will never ever go out there again.

I knew at the half that Pelham was going to lose.  Made it easier to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment