Sunday, May 10, 2015

Baseball is Done

So long to the Auburn baseball season.  The Tigers are crushed today at home to a poor Alabama squad, getting swept in a loss that ends our chances of postseason play.  Yes, I'll say it: Talk of a regional is laughable.  Why have hope for this baseball program?  Maybe a miracle is possible in Gainesville or Hoover.  But as I've said before about getting a regional, I'll believe it when I see it.  Shame on me for believing this late in the season.  Shame on me for believing the pundits who said we had locked up a regional.  Shame on me for thinking baseball had improved.  I won't be fooled again.

4 comments:

  1. Shame on both of us for believing. Neither will I be fooled again. Of the Auburn sports that I keep up with baseball is an embarrassment. This coach will eventually be fired. If we end the regular season with 6 straight losses and then go 0 and 2 in Hoover IF we get there, what will the AD do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's only his second year, so who knows.

    ReplyDelete