Sunday, September 18, 2011

About that Defense

It's been interesting to read the different takes on Phillip Marshall's blog about our defensive problems. Is it the players or the coaching? Is it Roof or Chizik? Which one is actually running our defense? Is this the kind of defense Ted Roof has put on the field in his past jobs? I don't have the answers, but I must agree with everyone (and it is everyone) who says that this defense is terrible and something radical must be done to correct the situation. What that something is I don't pretend to know. But I do say it is coaching rather than the players. We haven't tackled well for 3 years for example. All of our players do not tackle well. That's coaching. As for schemes, I am not qualified to say.

1 comment:

  1. I think we should press more with our cornerbacks. We are already being torn by opposing offenses; what difference would it make if we press and get beat?

    ReplyDelete