Friday, November 15, 2013

Georgia Preface

I think I'm finally excited about this football season.  It's Georgia time.  Next to Alabama, this is the big one.

Auburn comes into Jordan Hare after two road games sporting an amazing 9 and 1 record after going 3 & 9 last year.  Coach Malzahn has done amazing things with this team.

Auburn is a slight favorite but I see it as as tossup.  This game really could go either way.  No reason to think it won't go down the last minute with both teams scoring some big points.

We have going for us the leading rushing team in the SEC.  The Bulldogs and 4th in rushing defense.  We have a defense that gives up yards but has been great in the red zone.  More often than not opponents come away with field goals rather than touchdowns.  How many passes will Auburn attempt in this game?  We only to throw 7 times against Tennessee and 9 times against Arkansas.  Can our passing game with Nick Marshall and Sammie Coates pick it up in this game?  I can't imagine not having to throw more in this game. Georgia's defensive weakness is supposed to be in the secondary.

Georgia has QB Murray, an experienced game manager.  Their bruising running back Gurley is back.  I can't imagine they won't score on us.  I can't imagine that this will be anything less than a shootout.

We have JH on our side.  I hope this is big.

No comments:

Post a Comment