Friday, January 4, 2013

Friday Sports Musings...

Although N.C. State is the only winning team that Vanderbilt beat, they finished the football season at 9-4.  I am amazed that Vanderbilt won 9 games.  That is unprecedent success in recent memory.  James Franklin ought to be coach of the year...

I may have posted this before, but I am sick of hearing about the pompous Rose Bowl. I cannot take anymore of Brent Musburger calling it the "granddaddy of them all." Having lived in the South, as a fan of the SEC, I could not care less about the Rose Bowl. I cannot relate to the Pac-12 and Big 10 playing each other.   Who cares?  When you are the SEC, at least in this current era of dominance, the likes of Wisconsin, Ohio State, USC, or Oregon are jokes...

I always want the SEC to win its bowl games and flex its power.  Shame on LSU for losing, although that was a fun game.  Mississippi State lost, but I also am tickled with satisfaction anytime Mullen and his overhyped program lose.  You cannot rely on or expect a team like Mississippi State to win a bowl game.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't watch the Rose Bowl, but I don't have any problem with it being hyped, although I don't care for Musburger. I hope Auburn gets to play in that venue some day.

    LSU had 3rd and 2 and chose to pass twice leading to a punt and loss of the game. On the third down the receiver but the throw was bad. I like Les Miles but it seems he can find ways to lose big games.

    I am glad to see Vandy doing well and I am all for it as long as they don't beat us! I agree with your sentiments about Mullen. His presence makes not root for State although for many years I had such affection for that program and that school.

    ReplyDelete