Friday, November 30, 2012

The Coaching Search

From what I read this morning from Phillip Marshall, I see that at least Auburn is going after or getting the attention of the top possibilities in the country.  Kevin Sumlin of A & M is intriguing.  Wouldn't it be something to get him?  Kirby Smart is equally intriguing.  Even though he has no head coaching experience, I would be happy to get him.  I have mixed feelings about Fisher and Petrino.  For me Malzahn would kind of a let down.  Charlie Strong I have no strong feelings about (no pun intended).  Out of this mix, who will we end up with?

2 comments:

  1. You wouldn't mind hiring an Alabama coach? I agree about Malzahn. For whatever reason, I am not excited about Fisher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fact that Smart is Saban's DC would be juicy. I would like it. If we do hire a coordinator, Smart would be the one. I agree with you on Fisher. We could do better. I still say that putting Bo and Pat on the committee is a great thing. Who can object when these two say this is the man whomever it is? There is talk on the blog this morning about Gruden to Tennessee. If it is Petrino, Bo and Pat will have to vouch for him and Petrino will have to go before the cameras and win the doubters over. It won't matter who we hire if he doesn't win, and we won't know that until next fall.

    ReplyDelete