Sunday, May 20, 2012

The End of Baseball Season

When Auburn's baseball season ends, it's the end of baseball season for me.  High school season is over and I suspect that Auburn's season will be over this week and I don't follow major league baseball anymore so yes, baseball season will likely end this week.

I say this week because the Tigers limp into the SEC baseball tournament in 10th place, the last qualifier.  After losing 2 of 3 to Florida this weekend, we catch the Gators again on Tuesday.  With a league record of 13 & 17 and a strength of schedule in the 60's, I can't see this team making the NCAA tournament.  Our only hope Tuesday is if Florida has mercy on us and doesn't start one of the best pitchers.  How seriously will Florida take this tournament?  I assume they will host a regional regardless.  Even if they don't start one of their weekend pitchers, we could lose.

This Tigers baseball team is unpredictable.  What seems obvious is that this team has underperformed and is not well-coached.  I'm looking for 2 and out in the SEC and a new coach next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment