Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Auburn's Bowl History

Even though Auburn has played in a bowl game almost every year since 1968, when I started keeping up, I do not have great memories of Auburn bowl games. I remember regular season games more than bowl games.

I do know that Auburn has been to the Gator Bowl more than any other---6 times with a 4 & 2 record. The SEC returns to this prestigious bowl next year.

I remember us getting waxed 36 to 7 by Houston in the 1969 Bluebonnet Bowl.

We beat Archie Manning and Ole Miss 35 to 28 in the 1970 Gator Bowl---the biggest offensive bowl shootout that I can remember. This game Friday may rival that one.

We beat Texas 27 to 3 in the 1974 Gator Bowl.

The win over Michigan 9 to 7 in the '84 Sugar Bowl stands out because we had the best team in the country in 1983 but got leapfrogged in the polls by Miami.

I hope this upcoming one is a memorable victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment